Why choose the SMU Cox School of Business? As you review and compare business schools for your BBA, MBA or other advanced degree, consider the advantages that set the Cox School apart:
- SMU Cox is located in the heart of Dallas, a world center for commerce and culture. You’ll have the opportunity to interact regularly with business leaders and practitioners through speaker series, internships and mentoring programs. The Cox School is an integral part of Dallas—one of the world’s best cities for business. You’ll reap the benefits of that partnership in countless ways.
- Our size and culture encourage interaction and collaboration. You’ll develop close relationships with professors and fellow students. Because you’re never lost in the crowd, you’ll have opportunities to learn, participate and grow that aren’t available in larger programs.
- SMU Cox is dedicated to helping our students develop the interpersonal skills that lead to successful, fulfilling careers. Through the innovative programs of the Edwin L. Cox Business Leadership Center, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your business education by learning and practicing the softer skills of communication and leadership.
- The Economist ranks SMU Cox #1 in the United States and #7 in the world for “Potential to Network.” You’ll have unmatched access to professional advice, networking opportunities and social connections around the world. The Cox School’s strong professional network—more than 80 years in the making—creates a rich educational and career resource for students and alumni.
- The Cox School has a strong history of developing innovative programs and resources that give students a leg up on their peers. In 1970, we introduced the Caruth Institute for Entrepreneurship, one of the first such centers of its kind. We pioneered executive mentoring programs and leadership development centers for undergraduate and graduate business students.
Our American Airlines Global Leadership Program, launched in 2000, and BBA Business Scholars Program, started in 2001, have been emulated but not matched by a number of other schools. These and other resources, including more than a dozen specialized centers and institutes, make the Cox educational experience truly unique.